Sunday, November 15, 2009

Indian Feathers Update


When I started this project a year ago, I had hoped to have it finished by around July. Sure missed that goal! But at least I have finished hand-piecing all the little diamonds. Whew!
Since I got this idea from a picture of an antique quilt, I'm having to draft the patterns myself and my first attempt at a pattern for the plain wedge corner pieces was a bust. The whole project is currently wadded up in a big ball, out of sight and usually out of mind. I'm just about ready to bring it out, take a deep breath, and have another go at the wedges.

7 comments:

  1. Love this quilt! I am glad you are bringing it back out to work on. It will be well worth it in the end.
    PS: I know how frustration can stop you in your tracks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!
    It's so good to see you back in blogland.
    This will be stunning when it's done :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is just lovely! It reminds me of a Native American quilt.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you are back again! I missed you dearly. The mini feathers are really worth finishing. Leave them a while, get new energy and then you will have a finish next summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you find this! Thank you so much for commenting on the mystery block I posted on my blog. I still am unable to see where it is but will study it more after the busy holiday season has wound down. I don't do as much as I used to but it takes me two or three times longer to do what I do do!! Not complaining, though, as I am a very fortunate old lady! Merry Christmas to you! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow some challange.... fabulous.
    sheila....GIDY girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRAVO, dear ! Oh, how I love that quilt ! This will be a heirloom, I'm sure ;>)

    THANKS for your question on our GHQA blog group, dear friend :
    actually, I think the tiniest size we could use would be a 1.5" square
    THANKS FOR YOUR KIND INTEREST .>°

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    nadine

    ReplyDelete