Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh my stars!


Here's a picture of my 1930's stars, (started about 6 years ago) where I am at the moment. I'm handpiecing, and have finished 7 blocks since I pulled these back out of the UFO box. I love these! I'll be making this quilt 7 blocks by 6 blocks, with 2" sashings in unbleached muslin and then figure out the border size when it's at that stage. 10 more blocks to go....

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love the looks of quilts like that - that is exactly what most people think of when they think "quilt". And you are doing a beautiful job in your handpiecing! Enjoy your great project! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely agree with Carol above!
    Lookin beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 1930's fabric.
    It's an unusual design as some of the diamonds are split. It took me a while to realise though. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt will be lovely when its finished. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! You'll soon have those last 10 finished. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete