Monday, May 3, 2010

Hexagons

I'm back to being somewhat productive and alive, after quite a long "slump".

I've pulled out my hexagons and have been working on them again. Between my hexagon blocks and my Tumbling Blocks, I've been doing some marathon hand-piecing. My right hand is complaining, and my back and shoulders are also unhappy. But once I get started, it's hard to put these things down!

I have five completed diamonds.

I made this one today (to the exclusion of everything else I had intended to get done today. Oh well, housework is better put off until tomorrow) :


What I had done a few days ago.



8 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who can do all that hand stitching. I know mine would sit for years waiting for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back with your hexagons. Think you should built yourself up slowly keep getting up and exercising your arm and back so you don't get that discomfort from sitting too long sewing. Your like me once I get it into my head to do something I'm full on. We should learn to pace ourselves. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely addition and what a wonderful collections of colours!
    For handstitching I try doing some stretching often, by holding my arm out in front of me, palm up, and gently bending my fingers back using the opposite hand. It gives a nice gentle stretch and get the circulation going. I hope this helps a bit!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful! I am fascinated by the hexagons, also, and have put a few together. There are so many great things to try - and time flies by so fast! Love your colors. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello my Lovely, I thought I better sign up, so I don't miss anything :D
    I see your hexies are coming along very nicely, I am v-e-r-y- slow at the moment, as we have been working hard on decorating our bedrooms. My husband doesnt like painting, so guess who ends up slaving away LOL
    Looking forward to seeing how your hexies come togther, but I have to say, those Indian feathers are to die for! What a clever girl you are, matching all those bitty points so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making some real progress on your projects. This is really going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so loving these! My hexagon piecing has crashed and burned for the time being, got 35 done, but I'll be back in the saddle again before too long. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete