It's this Irish Chain, which was machine-pieced and hand-quilted. It's been my primary project for the last year.
I really love the way it's turned out. The color has even grown on me. So it's with slightly mixed-emotions that I'll be packaging it up and mailing to someone else tomorrow, but I know she is going to love it even more than I do.


Now...I wonder where I've stashed the next project on my list :-O


Well done! I should think the quilts new Mum will be delighted with it.
ReplyDeleteYour last sentence made me laugh, I have UFOs hidden all over the house LOL
Hi Kath :-)
ReplyDeleteIn my previous houses I've had a dedicated sewing room. When I got divorced and moved to my beach house *temporarily*, I didn't need a special sewing space so nothing went into the plan. Now, 12 years later (how's that for temporary?), the room I would choose to set up for sewing, is absolutely stuffed with STUFF and my machine is in the living room. I have fabric and UFO's in 5 different rooms. :O
Lovely gift!
ReplyDeleteHow great to be working through some UFO's
That is beautiful - I adore reds and whites - clever you x
ReplyDeleteHello two new followers, and thanks for leaving a reply :-)
DeleteThis is actually a dark orange, as requested by the recipient.
Feather duster - you commented on my blog recently quiltsetcetera.blogspot.com and I can't find a way to email you - reading your blog I see something you've been working on for awhile....it will be the theme for my March entries so stop back. and thanks for following my blog!
ReplyDeleteNow I think you are trying to out-do all of us in the slow poke department! Congratulations on the lovely finish.
ReplyDeleteThanks, too, for your kind comments. When the work we do is going to end up with someone else, it is nice to feel it has been appreciated.