Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tumbling Blocks update


Someone asked me about my Tumbling Blocks project, and I realized that I don't have an updated photo of it on here, so here it is. This was shortly before I set it aside to focus on the orange and white quilt in my previous post.

I have just a few more of the "blocks" to put in place and then I'll be adding diamonds and half-diamonds to fill in around the edges, as well as a narrow border, all in a single fabric. I haven't decided on that fabric yet.

This will end up somewhere around 96 x 108. I'm looking forward to having the top completed so I can move on to the hand-quilting.

4 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous. What a lovely job you did. I do EPP so I appreciate how much work went into this quilt. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the instigator of your update. Thanks for your comment of my blog of the detailed description of your process. I love your quilt! I have a long way to go!! See my project using 1970s fabric on quiltsetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Quilt! I have a large antique one, and a small repro one. Yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Slowpoke!
    I love this quilt, the colours are great.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete