Saturday, May 5, 2012

Don't you love it when you're looking through a book or magazine "just because", and you find exactly what you've been needing? I have some sets of 5" charm squares and had decided (finally!) that I wanted to put them together in huge English paper pieced hexagons, to make a quilt for when I'm on the sofa.

I just sat down with an old quilting book for a few minutes and had barely started flipping through the pages when I came across a tiny star which had a hexagon outline in the exact size I needed. I traced it to make sure it would work, then made a template from (what the heck is that stiff template material? It's 4:30 a.m. and I haven't been to bed yet--brain shut down hours ago!) and off I went.


5 comments:

  1. I love those fabrics!
    Can't wait to see more :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the hell do you manage to stay up until 4.30a.m. I would be flat out on the floor.
    Look forward to seeing more of this.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up until 4:30 am! Beautiful fabric, always love to see a hexagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have lost several cats to illnes over the years and each one still lives with me in my heart.
    I could never be without some kind of animal in the house it would seem so empty without them, even if everything is covered in hair. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to spend hours sewing hexagons together when my children were young and I had much better eyesight.
    Have just browsed through some of your lovely work.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete