Soup's on :-)I had a little left-over meatloaf and decided to make soup with it, so I sliced the kernels off an ear of corn and a chopped zucchini that also needed to be used up. Added some left-over green beans, 3 types of dried beans, a can of chopped tomatoes, some chopped green pepper I had in the freezer from when I bought some humongous green peppers for only 39 cents, and some beef broth I had in the freezer. Some oregano, garlic, lemon pepper and a light sprinkle of salt, let it simmer in crock pot for a few hours then added some cheese tortellini I bought for 75% off.
Hearty, healthy, delicious soup "on the cheap".


I never thought of putting meatloaf in soup! But, I like seconds and thirds and fourths of meatloaf, so there is never any left to find a use for. That looks and sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteI will eat soup every day and any day, whatever the weather, I just love it. I'm not keen on crunchy raw veg, but I'll eat anything if it is in a soup!
ReplyDelete