Monday, March 30, 2009

A Finished Top...Woohoo!....


I'm a very slow and easily distracted quilter. Or maybe it's just that I like to take the scenic route! Yes, that's it!

I started this top five years ago and had no plans for it to end up so big, but it kind of had a mind of its own. I've worked on it, put it away, pulled it out again, set it aside, and finally decided to ignore all my other machine-stitched projects, and push through to finish it. So I did, at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. Yippee! Not sure if I'll have it quilted, or handquilt it myself. So, for now, it'll go onto my "pondering" pile.

Now to continue with my Indian Feathers (see March 20 post), and my next "get it done" machine-pieced project, a partially-assembled queensize-plus top in pink and brown 19th century prints. This next one I definitely will be hand-quilting, and would love to have it finished and in use this year.

A peek:

15 comments:

  1. I'm confused, is the one above the indian feathers ortheone in the other post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indian Feathers is in previous posts, with all the little diamonds. It's my priority "handpiecing project", and now the pink and brown triangle one has moved into my priority "machine pieced project" spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful newly finished quilttop! I think all of us who quilt are the same - we have projects stashed away that sometimes are years in the making. Some of mine will never be finished but I justify it by the fact that I have finished many and someday someone may be pleased to find some of the unfinished ones. Your triangle quilt is a stunner, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I love that new quilt top. Thanks for visiting my blog, and it sounds like we are kindred spirits in the way we work! Scenic route here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything here!:-)
    beautiful..
    i love the pink and brown one..love the colours..
    LOVE this place!
    and thanx for stopping by my place..i was honoured:-)
    do come again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous. I know the feeling of finishing something that has been laying around for ages. Makes me think of my blue disaster..sigh....... Seems never to get off my WISP list.
    The triangles at the bottom look so pretty. Is it going to be a small quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you got the quilt done, as it is gorgeous! I am trying to finish my three UFOS, so you have inspired me.
    Great job!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pink & brown triangle quilt will be approximately 96" x 108"....so....no, not "too" small ;-)

    Happy to provide some inspiration, Micki.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love pink and brown quilts! Gorgeous. Like the other one too, and your hexagons from a couple posts ago look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both wonderful... Love the Boxy Stars top and love the way your pinks and browns are looking...Really amazing!!
    I agree... very inspiring :D

    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your top is gorgeous and I like how you took the scenic route to finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the top quilt too! The scenic route was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WONDERFUL tops, dear, you really did a great job ;>)
    I also wanted to email you (GHQA matter), but haven't found your email address, could you send it to me, eventually ? THANKS

    Friendly (((HUGS))) & smiles to you, dear !
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors in this quilt and the simple pattern. This is sure to be a classic. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete