I used to crochet almost every evening--before I took up quilting--but I haven't done any in several years. It felt great to make this, and I'll be making several more. I have stacks and stacks of "regular" dishcloths, but there's just something about these crocheted ones that is irresistible.
**And now, after having written about this and looking at the title, I'm getting quite a giggle from the thought that something as mundane and ordinary as a new dishcloth is exciting enough to share with the world! hehehe. Then again, what got me even thinking about making one, is having seen so many people sharing homemade socks, so I guess I'm hanging out with the right crowd! :-)


You sure are - a tutorial would be nice!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Lurline♥
I would love a tutorial...It is lovely!
ReplyDeleteMicki
That looks great! I personally think it is so good and speaks well of a person if she or he can get enthused about the simple things! That makes us mellow!!
ReplyDeleteIt came from a booklet, so I probably shouldn't post the instructions. It's just a basic granny square with 7 rounds and an edging. If anyone wants more info on how to make it, email me at featherduster17 at gmail. com
ReplyDeleteFunny girl. But you are right a home made dishcloth is just as exciting as a home made pair of socks. Why shouldn't you write about it.
ReplyDeleteDo you know, a few weeks ago,my husband nearly had an accident he laughed so much when I said I used to crochet dish clothes, he thought it was something to do with my "Welshness", So, I'm glad to see you enjoy making them too. I love making socks...you're mixing with the right crowd!!We know how to live!!
ReplyDeleteWell I love it!!
ReplyDeleteI have a lovely one a *good friend* gave to me *giggle* and I use it all the time :P
They're fantastic!!
At least we're easy to please...lol
No jewellry, roses or expensice clothes / shoes needed here... yeah right!!
hugs!!
LOVE your dishcloth ! Crochet is such a nice thing. Among my (too many) dreams, I wish I'll make a granny squares afghan... some day!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS for your kind comment on Jossie's post (Hexagons blog). Oh you bet I'll JUMP with joy if you ever come to Belgium ! A quilt retreat all together... this is going to fill my dreams for many, many nights ! ;>)
((HUGS)) & smiles to you !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOO
Nadine