Just quickly, for now.... I want to thank everyone who has stopped by and left me a "hello" and "welcome". I've been reading a bit in your blogs and look forward to getting to know you. I've enjoyed "meeting" some of you on the Hexagon quilt-along.
I had been sorting through my photos, gathering some to put on here. A few nights ago I was, in fact, in the process of adding some.... and then without any warning, my computer crashed and I have no access at all. Everything I've put on there in 10 years (yes, it's lasted that long!) is hiding inside that box, and I'm not sure I will ever see any of it again.
How ironic that I was planning to sit here this coming weekend, to do a marathon session of sorting, saving, and transferring files to the new computer I've had sitting here on my desk for nearly 9 months, untouched.
OK, I won't bore you with any more of the details. But I'm starting completely over with this new computer, and hoping that all the info inside that other one can be salvaged.
I will have some pictures soon, of the projects I'm working on at the moment. One of the first things I did on here was make sure my camera could "talk" with this computer :-) Haven't quite figured out the new photo editing stuff yet, but I'm working on that.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Something similar has happened to many of us when we started our blogs. So very sorry if you have lost so much, but we are a very sympathetic group and we'll stick with you until you get it like you want. In the meantime, don't quit posting!
ReplyDeleteYou have my sympathy. I freeze at the thought of that happening. Important stuff gets backed up, but oh my, all the less important stuff! I would hate to lose it.
ReplyDeleteLearning your way through all the blog stuff seems hard at first, but you soon get the hang of it, and after a while you get more adventurous. If I can do it, anyone can! ;)
Sooo glad you're getting it sorted!!
ReplyDeleteWhere would we be without our computers???
We'd have to resort to 'old fashioned' phones...lol
hugs
Rob xx
I am so glad you joined the blog world
ReplyDeleteand I do hope that some one can rip out those files= I know there is a way but I do not know the hows and ins and outs
huggs Meme
Thanks for commenting on my post about my findings. It really stabbed my heart when I first saw it. So far i haven't done anything yet. Hoping that i could feel the way you did with yours. Not sure what to do or should i make new arrangements with it. Any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteRegards
Don't you have a whizzkid among your relatives or in the neigbourhood? It is amazing what those youngsters can do with computers. I hope you'll find all things back. And maybe in future back up everything on a USB stick.
ReplyDeleteCan you still resist the little voices in your head? I'm afraid I'm giving in ;-)
What a shame, what a shame! It's happened to me once, and I learned to back everything up, and often, forever after. Hope you can recover at least some of your data.
ReplyDeleteOh, no! I feared something like that would happen to me so I went ahead and set up the new computer and am transferring files to it as quickly as I can figure out how to do so.
ReplyDeleteI am assured that all can be salvaged so don't give up! We're all pulling for you!!
Meanwhile, look out at that lovely part of the world that you live in and just soak it all in. It is good for what ails you.