Taking a break from a battle with my current project, to give you a sneak peek.
I had my 12th triangle all pieced, then noticed I had two fussy cut diamonds upside down....and, being a perfectionist (it's a curse) I just HAD to take it apart and turn them rightside up. Well, I've restitched, ripped out, restitched again, and find one (previously correct) diamond is too small, and I'm thinking maybe I should've just made it my "humility block" and moved on. But there'll be plenty of "humility" in my handquilting, so I shall persevere! Oh....I should mention, this is being all handstitched.
Update, 2 hours later: I won!


Well you know I love these!! They are so striking and definitely masculine!
ReplyDeleteLove your colour choices... love everything about this!
Your 'boyfriend' :c) will love it!!
Robyn xx
What a gorgeous piece that is going to be! It will be the perfect gift for your fellow! I have never made a block like that with so many pieces and I can imagine that it would actually be easier to put together by hand than on the machine, although a lot more time would be involved. Can't wait to see how it comes along! Enjoy your good work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Robyn...I wish you could see it up close! Then you could help me stitch a few! ;-)
ReplyDeleteCarol, yes it's much easier to stitch by hand! THese diamonds are cut at 1-1/4" wide. I did some tests by machine and they were horrendous! (And I've been sewing since I was 6, so you know it wasn't ME :0 ) I hadn't done much handpiecing before--in fact, when I'd tried it with small pieces it was miserable. But I've been stitching tumbling blocks for a few months and have really come to enjoy handpiecing tremendously!
I wrote this on my blog (and yours :p) to your reply...
ReplyDeleteHow funny that you were thinking I should 'slash' it/Tim's quilt!! :O :D
*giggle* GMTA whether we like it or not! ha ha
You didn't make it easy on yourself but it is going to be beautiful. I forgive you for not doing any hexies yet for these diamonds are more difficult to do :-)
ReplyDeleteI just love your Feathers - very tiny and beautiful - such neat work and I love your repro fabrics - must keep a close watch on you!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Lurline♥
You are amazing! And so is your work! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh....I haven't received my "dog food" purse yet... THANK GOODNESS!! ;)
Crystal
See, that kind of thing would drive me crazy too. Sometimes it's just hard being a perfectionist! Not an easy pattern, and all handpieced too, but it'll be spectacular when it's done.
ReplyDelete